We invite MSA members to participate in the ENABLE 2015 Conference. Some of the worlds leading childcare experts will be sharing their knowledge with early years professionals and parents at a visionary new conferenceE N A B L E 2 0 1 5 – to be held in London on the 5th of November 2015. Use the MONTESSORI code for £70 off the full price
The brainchild of Helen Lumgair, an early years childcare expert and founder of The Educationalist, ENABLE 2015 aims to provide an international, holistic view of early years education by showcasing a broad variety of pedagogical approaches plus the latest thinking from industry thought leaders.
Rafi Feuerstein, president of the Feuerstein Institute, will give the keynote address. He will discuss how, in the Internet era, we can equip young children with the thinking skills to process the unprecedented volume of information available to them. He will also look at the Modifiability of Intelligence, explaining how the current way of measuring intelligence is flawed.
Other renowned speakers at the event will include:
- Barbara Isaacs, director of National Strategies, Montessori Centre International who will discuss how to foster initiative and independence in children
- Leslee Udwin, BAFTA award-winning director of East is East and galvanizing documentary Indias Daughter who will present her vision for a new Equality Studies Global Initiative in partnership with the United Nations Human Rights Council, which will roll out with a compulsory curriculum for the early years
- Renowned poet, broadcaster and former childrens Laureate Michael Rosen whowill be discussing how to foster curiosity in young learners
Practical break out sessions will be held so that delegates can hone in on topics of particular interest to them. Topics include:
- How to engage learners on the autistic spectrum led by Gina Davies of the Gina Davies Autism Centre
- Using play therapy-based interventions to explore prevention and healing led by Monika Jephcott, founder of The UK Society for Play and Creative Arts Therapies
- Forest schools and risk in childrens play, with inspiration from Reggio Emilia and Danish pre-schools led by Martin Pace, director of Reflections Nursery
- The Power of Integrated Practice in Safeguarding Children led by Dame Donna Kinnair, CEO at The Royal College of Nursing
- Music education and engagement in the early years led by Dr Rachel Drury, Creative and Contextual Studies Lecturer, Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Supporting Young Children with Dyslexia in the Early Years, led by Dr Gavin Reid, Independent Educational Psychologist
The event is aimed at early years education professionals including head teachers and special educational needs coordinators; local authority leads; social workers; speech and language therapists; psychology and education students, and parents and carers of young children with special educational needs.
I have spent years working with young children in their homes and in early years educational settings around the world. I wanted to bring together people who have inspired me with their different pedagogical approaches to share their views with local early years educators and professionals, explains Helen Lumgair, Founder of ENABLE 2015 and founder of The Educationalist.
We look forward to a comprehensive, motivating and inspiring event, providing early years professionals with practical strategies to transform their current practice, facilitating further the enablement of the children in their care, Helen continues.
ENABLE 2015 will be held at the Copthorne Tara Hotel, Kensington, London on Thursday the 5th of November 2015 from 9am to 4.30pm. Registration can be made at www.enableearlyyears.com
NOTES FOR EDITORS
If you would like to chat to Helen Lumgair about this event, please contact her on 07813 536293 or email email@example.com
She is able to arrange press interviews with some of the speakers on a range of childcare and early years related issues. If you would like to attend the event, please contact Helen for a press pass.
About the Educationalist and Helen Lumgair
The Educationalist was set up by Helen Lumgair. It provides early years teaching, special educational needs support, home schooling programs, Montessori activities, learning through play, consultations and home-based observations. It is based in Wimbledon, London.
Helen Lumgair has extensive global experience, having worked internationally with high profile clients including heads of state. She holds a BA (Hons) in Early Years Teaching and a Montessori International Diploma. Helen explored the theories of Structural Cognitive Modifiability and Mediated Learning Experience at The International Centre for the Enhancement of Learning Potential in Jerusalem. She went on to complete the study of Instrumental Enrichment, a Feuerstein cognitive intervention program that can be used with underachieving, special needs and gifted children. She has recently completed Instrumental Enrichment-Basic (FIE-B), a highly effective mediation program designed to enhance the thinking skills of young children and is a Feuerstein Instrumental Basic Mediator. She is the founder of ENABLE 2015.