Montessori Centre International (MCI) is holding a free open evening on Wednesday 23 January for those interested in becoming qualified Montessori practitioners.
Learn more about our courses, hear from tutors and students, and have the chance to speak to our admissions team about finding the right course and study options to suit your needs.
Discuss our courses including:
- The Diploma in Montessori Pedagogy – Birth to Seven (Early Years Educator)
- The Foundation Degree in Montessori Early Childhood Practice
- The Certificate of Higher Education in Montessori Early Childhood Practice
Employability and work-based learning are key aspects of the training, and study is combined with a placement in a Montessori setting. Graduates gain a full and relevant, nationally recognised qualification that meets the current Early Years Educator requirements to work as a practitioner in both Montessori and non-Montessori early years’ settings.
We offer flexible blended learning study modes of full-time, part-time and online. Further study opportunities to progress from Diploma to Foundation degree then continue to a full BA (Hons) in Early Childhood.
These courses are suitable for anyone aged over 18 looking for a rewarding career in early years’ education. Eligible students can apply for student loans from Student Finance England and apply for our Birts Bursary.
“It’s been the best thing that’s ever happened to me, to be introduced to this world of Montessori.”
Sam Williams, MCI student
“This is a transformative, heartfelt learning process. The community feeling online and the varied perspectives and infectious enthusiasm from the experienced tutors has been what’s made this course so special”
Brekke, MCI student
Who is Montessori Centre International?
Montessori Centre International (MCI) is a leading provider of Montessori and Early Years qualifications with an international reputation for quality. Our blended learning approach combines face-to-face and online learning using our innovative Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). By enabling students to communicate, reflect and collaborate, we’ve established an international, diverse community of Montessori learners. We support our students every step of the way in making a vital impact on the lives of children and their families.
MCI is currently designated for student finance, so eligible students can apply for student loans from Student Finance England. We also have a Birts Bursary program.
Which courses will the Open Day event cover?
- The NCFE/Cache Diploma in Montessori Pedagogy – Birth to Seven (Early Years Educator) is a Level 3 or 4 nationally recognised qualification, for those wanting to start a career in Montessori education. It offers flexible study options of part-time or online, with completion within 2 years. The course was developed to meet the demand for well-qualified Montessori early childhood educators who can combine a range of skills with specific attitudes to children.
- The Foundation Degree in Montessori Early Childhood Practice (FdA) is a Level 5 qualification offering a holistic approach to the study of Early Childhood, incorporating a range of disciplines such as psychology, sociology, education and health. Child development and observation is studied progressively throughout the programme with an emphasis on play as an integrating mechanism in young children’s development. Within the core construction of professionalism, perspectives such as children’s rights, health and well-being, child protection, diversity and inclusion are considered and applied. The course covers age range 0-7.
- The Cert HE in Montessori Early Childhood Practice is a Level 4 qualification, developed to meet the demand in the work place for well-qualified Montessori early childhood specialists who can demonstrate high levels of professional competence. The focus and context for the study of early childhood is the distinct philosophy and pedagogy of Montessori practice, with the aim to develop reflective practitioners who are forward thinking, responsive and ready to engage in contemporary early years discourse. The course covers age range 0-7.
The open evening will take place at our college in St John’s Wood, NW8 just an 8-minute walk from the station on the Jubilee line.
Please contact our Admissions and Registrations Officer, Khuram, if you have any questions about the event or any of our courses. Phone 020 7493 8300.