A note to A level students from Khuram Ahmad, Admissions and Registrations Officer at Montessori Centre International:
First of all – WELL DONE! Whether you got results so good you’ve been doing a happy dance ever since, or didn’t quite get where you wanted to be, we congratulate you. You’ve studied, you’ve worked hard, and now you can take a deep breath and smile.
So – what now?
It’s a tricky question when there are so many options out there. So take a moment to consider these ones instead:
- What really lights you up? When are you at your happiest?
- Imagine being so totally absorbed in something that you lose all track of time – what might that be?
- What sort of people do you want around you?
- When you’re chatting with friends and family about what you might do, is there one topic or path which you just keep coming back to? Is there one which gives you a little bubble of excitement?
- How do you like to learn?
Maybe you’re driven by a desire to inspire the next generation, and want to build a community that can really make a positive change to the planet. Perhaps you don’t like to learn in the ‘traditional’ way but want a courses which combine first-hand experience, contact with inspiring tutors, and fellow students from around the world.
A career in Early Years can give you all this and more; plus a Montessori qualification will give you a unique insight into how best to support children through the most important time of their lives.
So, if you’ve taken your A levels this year you’ve got options:
- Foundation Degree in Montessori Early Childhood Practice – 2 years full-time, includes professional placement, option to progress to BA (Hons). Student finance available for eligible students.
- Certificate of Higher Education in Montessori Early Childhood Practice – Blended learning options available; 1 year full time (attending or online) or two years part time (attending or online), includes professional placement, option to progress to Foundation Degree. Student finance available for eligible students.
- Diploma: Early Years Educator – Blended learning, complete within 2 years, awarded by Crossfields/CACHE, includes professional placement.
There are a couple of things you need to know…
– To apply for the Certificate of Higher Education and the Diploma you need a minimum of 2 A levels with one at a minimum of C grade and the other at a different grade. You also need 3 GCSEs at C grade and above, ideally including English and Maths or Level 2 functional skills.
– To apply for the Foundation Degree you will need to go via UCAS clearing.
I know it’s all a lot to consider right now, so if you’d like to have an informal chat over the phone about how you can start your journey with Montessori Center International, I’m here to help. You can call me on +44 (0) 207493 8300 or drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
But first things first – go and celebrate!