Montessori Centre International (MCI) is running a workshop on Saturday 15 June 2019 in partnership with, 123 Mon école, bilingual Montessori school in Paris, on the Cultural area of the Montessori curriculum. This area plays an important part in promoting a child’s knowledge and understanding of the world around them. The workshop will cover:
- An Introduction to Montessori’s ideas of Cosmic education.
- An exploration of Geography
- An exploration of Biology
- An exploration of Zoology
- An exploration of History
- An exploration of Science
The workshop will show some examples of cultural materials that you can make in your setting based upon individual children’s interests. We will discuss the importance of sustained shared thinking, and explore how the Cultural area helps support the idea of children being citizens of the world. So come and discover how you can support young children in developing their understanding of the world around them!
This workshop is suitable for parents, practitioners whether Montessori graduated or holding other teaching qualification, or anyone who is curious about Montessori and who wish to find out more about MCI’s approach to supporting children’s knowledge and understanding of the world.
More about our tutor Hannah
Hannah Baynham has a BA in Sociology and received her International Montessori Diploma at MCI in 2009. She has worked in kindergartens and Montessori schools in India and Hong Kong and started a parent cooperative Montessori school in Istanbul which she ran for four years. She also was able to help promote Montessori in Turkey through teacher workshops for low income nurseries and early childhood education students. Her first book ‘Following the Child’ was translated and published in Turkish in 2015.
She joined MCI in August 2017 as a curriculum lecturer and is happy to be back with the people and the place where her Montessori journey began.
Study with Montessori Centre International
- 65 years of delivering quality innovative Montessori training in the UK
- Nationally and internationally recognised qualifications
- Flexible study options including online learning
- Innovative blended learning approach
- Vibrant international community of Montessori learners