To meet with the increasing demand of our statutory data requirements, Montessori Centre International is recruiting a full-time Student Data and Information Officer. This role requires a talented individual who combines technical expertise with a passion for data quality. You will be responsible for taking full custodianship of both quantitative and qualitative data, ensuring all aspects of data administration are completed to a high standard. You will be expected to show initiative to design, develop and implement processes to meet the statutory requirements of Office for Students and/or HESA.
- Statutory returns and regulatory reporting
- Data management and reporting
- Qualitative feedback and surveys
- Information governance
Deadline to apply is midnight Friday 1 November 2019.
Statutory returns and regulatory reporting
- Create, produce and submit data returns for OfS, HESA; regulatory and statutory bodies as required
- Monitor and keep up-to-date with reporting requirements from Office for Students, HESA and other relevant regulatory bodies
Data management and reporting
- Maintain and update student records in an accurate and timely manner including changes such as deferrals, withdrawals and transfers
- Keep track and report on students’ progression, retention and attainment statistics
- Keep track and report on students’ learning analytics data including attendance, VLE views and engagement statistics
- Assist the Head of Memberships in the development of the professional body alumni database
- Keep abreast of sector-wide changes and developments to statutory reporting and will attend external user-group meetings and networks
Qualitative feedback and surveys
- Coordinate and monitor the annual National Student Survey (NSS) and other internal Surveys, presenting results for quality improvement
- Collate unit/module feedback for Annual Monitoring purposes and report to Quality Enhancement Committee
- Awareness of GDPR principles in all activities and contribute to MCI’s ongoing compliance
- Promote data protection awareness and best practice in information management, data governance and data security across the institution
- Maintain oversight of version control and approval channels for internal and public information for students, in line with the Information Policy
- Work with key colleagues and assist in providing a link between regulation and practice to enable MCI to fulfil GDPR responsibilities.
- Assist in the delivery of the organisation’s GDPR Action Plan