We are looking for nanny for our 4 year old daughter and 1 year old son in Dartmouth Park (NW5) to start late April. If possible we are keen to find someone currently undertaking Montessori training, or already qualified.
- “Live-in” (accommodation provided but not in the family home)
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
- 8:30am to 6:30pm
- 25 days holiday (ideally taken during school holidays, but negotiable) + bank holidays
- Providing care, activities and lunch for our 1 year old
- Collecting our 4 year old from nursery (25 minute walk – from September she will be at a much closer school)
- Small amount of housework (keeping kitchen and living room tidy over the course of the day)
- Preparing an evening meal for the family (and staying to eat with us if you would like to)
Pay: £350 gross for 30 hours per week over 3 days with the option of extra hours of babysitting. This is equivalent to £11.67 per hour gross. There may be an opportunity to increase the hourly rate by taking care of 2 additional children (aged 3 and 5, attending the same local school) after school and during the holidays – if you are interested in this please let us know.
The role includes accommodation (two rooms – one could be a living room – and private bathroom) in a family member’s house approximately 30 minutes walk or bus journey away, conveniently located for both Camden Town and Kentish Town.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a current DBS and Paediatric First Aid certificate
- Speaks fluent English
- Enjoys the company of children and will build close relationships with them
- Is energetic with a positive outlook
- Is patient, kind and able to use positive discipline methods (rather than punishments)
- Can confidently cook vegetarian food
- Has a thoughtful approach to their work with children, and may have undertaken a qualification or currently be studying e.g. Montessori, forest school, early years pedagogy
- Has at least 2 references for childcare work
- Right to work in the UK
To begin work on Tuesday 24th April 2019
To apply, please send your CV and a short statement / letter explaining your interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org and include details of two people who can provide references for your previous work with children.