Ref. Number: 29061
The Montessori Group are looking for a full time Operations Officer.
Reporting to the Finance Director with day to day accountability and management delegated to the Senior Management Team, this role will be instrumental in supporting our continued evolution as we grow into our chosen markets. This role has support from the Maintenance Officer who will carry out some of the tasks relating to the building under direction from this role.
- Experience of operations and resource planning with experience of facilities processes and policies
- Able to think and do
- Demonstrable ability to handle highly confidential information
- Able to establish trust based relationships at all levels
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and ability to quickly build operational understanding
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Highly collaborative working style
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable working with all levels of the organisation
- Willingness to create new tools and processes and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Provide a monthly summary on operational matters to the Senior Management Team.
- Do and have done all weekly, monthly and annual compliance tasks, checks and reports required in relation to the building
- Take on role of Fire Warden, managing checks, drills and fire safety training for staff and students
- Hold the log of IT equipment and records of users
- Manage relationships with external suppliers and consultants relating to operations and facilities.
- Support the SMT with the negotiations of facilities and operational contracts and take over negotiations over time.
- Maintain supplies of stationery and office equipment and consumables
- Maintain the condition of the office and arrange for necessary repairs
- Review and update health and safety logs and policies for approval by the SMT and ensure they are observed by all staff, students and visitors
- Work with the Maintenance Officer to ensure appropriate set up of rooms, including set-up of video conferencing and webinar equipment
- Arrange regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices in compliance with regulations
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Responsible for implementation of the environmental policy
- Manage the access and security of the building, including entering and exiting
- Identify potential consultants for operational and facilities matters as required (e.g. fire safety, health and safety assessments) for recommendation to the SMT
- Manage all HR processes – joiners and leavers, induction process, holiday leave, absence records etc.
- Support the recruitment of new staff, including training and induction
- Ensure appraisals happen in time in liaison with line managers
- Arrange staff lunches and town halls
- Work with the wellbeing group to make recommendations to the SMT
- Work with line managers to identify training and CPD providers
- Take lead on HR data management and privacy processes