St James Schools are very excited to announce the opening of their Nursery, which opened in September 2019. We are looking for a passionate and experienced Nursery Practitioner to join part of a dynamic team.
We are looking for someone with robust knowledge of EYFS, coupled with good communication, organisational and interpersonal skills. You must be highly motivated and have a positive attitude towards working with children.
In this role, you will:
- Provide compassionate care and exciting learning opportunities for the children in our care;
- Assess, plan for and review the learning and development of the children to help them achieve the best outcomes in their early years;
- Work and communicate closely with colleagues in your team;
- Communicate clearly with parents to enable an effective parent-nursery partnership to help children achieve best outcomes;
- Follow all nursery policies and procedures and contribute to the continuous improvement of our provision for children;
- Assist in cleaning duties as required.
To be successful, you will need:
- Level 3 (or higher) qualification in Childcare and Education;
- Experience of working in a Montessori environment (desirable);
- Experience of planning and assessment in EYFS to follow children’s interests and improve children’s outcomes;
- 1 year’s post-qualification experience in day nurseries or pre-school;
- A positive, professional attitude and a willingness to keep up to date;
- A commitment that children are at the centre of everything we do;
- SEND experience (desirable).
Hours of work: 7.30am-11.45am, Monday to Friday – term time only.
For more information and to apply, please click here to be taken to our advert on the Tes website, where you can download an application form.
Closing date: 3 November 2019.
St James Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including reference checks and an enhanced DBS check.