Ref. Number: 27177
We are looking for a warm and experienced Montessori practitioner to join our Montessori accredited nursery school in Paddington.
The chosen candidate will be working in a bilingual classroom with children from 3 to 5 years old. They will be expected to have an excellent knowledge of how to use the EYFS to plan for, and support the children’s development.
Candidate’s must be:
- Montessori qualified.
- A positive individual that loves working as a team.
- Experience of working with children.
- Organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and command of either English or French.
- Interpersonal skills.
- The quality of our nurseries depends on the quality of our staff. We strive for our nurseries to achieve the highest quality and professionalism.
- You will be a key person for approximately 8-11 children per day, supervising children in their daily activities, organising and preparing activities and materials
- Assisting with settling in new children following the Settling in Policy and guidelines contained in our Policies
- Taking the children through the classroom materials
- Planning for the key children in weekly planning meetings
- Having responsibility for recording relevant information in relation to your assigned key children’s progress. A lot of the regular paperwork cannot be done whilst with the children, and may need to be competed at home. This includes:
- Regular written observations for all your key children (and sometimes for other children)
- Weekly planning for your key children
- Weekly individual diaries for the parents for their key children (typed)
- Termly Individual Learning Plans for their key children (typed)
- Reports for the parents twice a year (typed)
- Supervising children in their daily activities, organising and preparing art activities for the younger children as appropriate and as may be requested by the Manager
- You will have shared responsibility for the Classroom & Daily Routine, for example:
- Maintaining the prepared environment and ensuring that the Home Corner is regularly changed, cleaned and maintained, and that wall displays are updated.
- Ensuring the children who need to go the bathroom are able to go
- Helping at circle time
- Ensuring the outside area is prepared as a learning environment with each of the areas of learning set up
- Any other duties normally associated with a full day-care provision, including preparation and serving of snacks, any washing-up and kitchen duties that occur after snack and lunchtimes, supervising the children and ensuring their safety in their outside play, assisting with taking the children to off-site play or other facilities.
- Take children to the park
- We require all our teachers to work in partnership with parents, for example:
- Informing parents in the evenings of what the individual children having been doing during each day
- Informing parents about any accidents or temperatures their child has
- Asking about each child’s interests and anything that they are doing at home to help with weekly planning
- Attending parent evenings alongside the Manager to discuss progress with the parents.
- Helping parents find clothes/items left at the nursery and helping with prams etc.
- Ensuring safeguarding and children’s welfare:
- Ensuring our safeguarding policy is followed. Our policy is never to have only one member of staff alone with the children in a room/space. Please ensure there are always two people in the room with children at all times, and that no mobile phones are used at any time.
- Ensure that you continually assess risks so you can manage them
- To ensure children’s allergies are accounted for, particularly at lunch times
- Noticing any fevers or accidents and immediately notifying the nursery manager, deputy manager & room leader – and in some cases calling the parent to make them aware.
- 38 hours week.
- 7 weeks paid holiday leave per year.
- 5 days sick pay leave per year.
- Free training.
- Social events.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £23,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year