This role is an excellent opportunity for a dynamic energetic person. The role is to oversee our 2 nursery provisions at our Forest Farm School site in Oxford. There are approximately 40 children on role divided between 2 areas. The appointed supervisor is counted in ratio, so an enthusiastic educator of young children is essential. Due to our extensive grounds, they must be passionate about the outdoors, and include a high percentage of outdoor activity in their overall planning.
The supervisor will oversee one Early Years area, and following the retirement in July of our current supervisor, would take over the responsibility of both areas.
Forest Farm School is housed in beautiful old Victorian buildings, surrounded by natural grounds, vegetable and fruit areas, adventure playground, coppice wood and a huge under cover sports barn. Our educational principles are based on Montessori. The school is set on the outskirts of Elsfield, which is situated off the Oxford ring road. Own transport is essential as there is no public transport to the village.
- Position from September 2019: Possible earlier Easter 2019 start to enable smooth handover from retiring supervisor, of 17 years service.
- 8.00 a.m – 4.00 p.m during term time only, with additional time for staff and planning meetings and termly parent meetings and occasional workshops.
- Nursery supervisors work 1 week each academic year at our Create Holiday Club Plus one planning and preparation week at the end of the academic year.
- £25,584 p.a to start – dependent on qualifications and experience – rising to maximum £28,000 upon takeover of both nursery areas.
- Minimum: Early Years/Childcare degree/childcare Level 4
- Desired: Montessori Diploma Experience: at least 3 years working in an Early Years environment Desired: Early Years management