Ref. Number: 31473
Highgate Montessori is looking for a full-time Montessori Teacher to join our supportive, professional and highly experienced team, to work in our vertically grouped, open planned classrooms to support in preparing and maintaining the Montessori and outdoor learning environments on a daily basis for either our Toddler 18 months – 3 years or our Preschool 3 – 6 years.
You will have a flexible approach, a positive attitude and the ability to build positive constructive working relationships with children, colleagues, parents, students and other professionals as appropriate.
You will be a key member of the team acting as a positive role model to practitioners and supporting the Head of School in the delivery and maintenance of outstanding service.
At Highgate Montessori the needs of the child and the family come first, we aim to be a partner in nurturing and upbringing of the children and families we care for. So, if you want to do the right things for the right reasons and join a professional team who are dedicated to following the Montessori philosophy and its foundations combined with the EYFS this role is for you.
Salary £TBC according to qualifications and experience.
- Montessori Early Years Diploma (we will consider newly qualified Montessori applicants).
- Montessori and/or an Early Years Foundation Degree.
- Sound knowledge and experience of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Experience within a vertically grouped classroom is essential.
- First Aid Certificate.
- At least one year’s continued experience working within a Montessori environment an advantage.
- Prepared to work in all weather conditions as part of our outdoor learning programme.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
- Adhering to Health and Safety policies, maintaining risk assessments and relevant documentation.
- Working in partnership with parents to pro-actively support children’s care and development.
- Attend parent seminars and promotional days.
- Maintain high standards of safeguarding, care & education.
- Three days at 7.30 am – 4.00 pm.
- Two days at 8.00 am – 6.00 pm.
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary with an end of year Performance Related Bonus that reflects your expertise and ability.
- Advancing to level 3 after a full year of ongoing continuous service (conditions apply).
- Commencement of Montessori training after 12 months of continuous ongoing service (conditions apply).
- Excellent in-house training, opportunity to gain further qualifications, virtual learning and career progression opportunities.
- Childcare provision for up to two children during spring, summer and winter holiday schools with a substantial discount.
- 32 days of annual leave including bank holidays.
- One additional holiday day for every full year of service.
- Annual Leave on your birthday (additional to your holiday allowance).
- One Christmas shopping day (additional to your holiday allowance).
- Well Being Vouchers for a 100% attendance and punctuality over the year.
- An excellent working environment in a well-resourced indoor and outdoor Montessori and Early
- Years learning areas.
- Working within a dedicated staff team and an appreciative parent network.
Please visit our website at www.highgatemontessori.com/vacancies for further information on this Vacancy
Interested parties should email a CV and covering letter to email@example.com.